Accessibility Statement for Frinton, Walton, and District u3a
This accessibility statement applies to the website found at https://www.frintonwaltonanddistrictu3a.org.uk/ and https://www.fwdu3a.org.uk/.
This website is run by Frinton, Walton, and District u3a. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change text size
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling up the screen
- navigate the majority of the website using only a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to the website using a screen reader (including, but not limited to: JAWS; NVDA; and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
We also have an easy-to-toggle Help Mode for additional assistance and instruction in using the site.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How Accessible This Website Is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text without the use of a third-party extension, plugin, or program
- you cannot change the colour or contrast without the use of a third-party extension, plugin, or program
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille:
- email WebMaster@frintonwaltonanddistrictu3a.org.uk
Reporting Accessibility Problems With This Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: WebMaster@frintonwaltonanddistrictu3a.org.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give detailed information on the specific area that does not meet accessibility requirements.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) .
Technical Information About This Website’s Accessibility
Frinton, Walton, and District u3a is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-Compliance with the Accessibility Regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
Some plugin elements do not respond to text spacing adjustments with no loss of content or functionality, meaning users who need to adjust the text spacing may not be able to fully access these elements. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.12 (text spacing).
What We’re Doing to Improve Accessibility
- Future images will be added with relevant Alt text attributes. This will address WCAG success criteria 1.1.1 and 1.3.1.
- We will ensure all future plugins respond to text spacing adjustments. This will address WCAG success criterion 1.4.12.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 01/03/2023. It was last reviewed on 03/05/2023.
This website was last comprehensively tested on 01/03/2023. The last non-exhaustive test was done on 03/05/2023. These tests were carried out by Tabitha Riley (https://www.tabithariley.co.uk/).